UPDATED December 2020
What a year! 5% of our members tested positive for COVID and recovered! We had several funerals this year, yet none were due to COVID. I wanted to thank you for all your support for the caring work that Immanuel provided this last year. The work continues, and I do appreciate working together with you in our Gospel ministry.
I also wanted to inform you of the worship plans this Christmas season. At Immanuel, our Christmas Eve service, Christmas Day service, and New Year’s Eve service will follow our usual abbreviated Sunday morning format, including 3 ways of worshipping together:
Outside in your car (drive-in worship): A trustee will come to your car sometime before the service begins and give you a bulletin and a communication card. The trustees will wear masks and gloves.
Inside in a socially distanced area: The fellowship hall is set up with chairs which are 6 feet apart (sets of 2, 3 and 5). At the end of the service, those in the socially distanced area are ushered out first.
Inside in a non-socially distanced area. This is in the sanctuary itself.
Those who are uncomfortable attending services indoors, take advantage of our drive-in worship! I have also make audio recordings of the sermons in a podcast format. It is entitled: “Immanuel Cares.”
Details on special worship services
December 24th Christmas Eve worship 6:30pm (Immanuel) Simple Christmas service with the children. A simpler Christmas service due to our Sunday school being virtual. We will set up more microphones for the children and have tested it so outdoor worshippers can hear.
December 25th Christmas Day 9am (Immanuel) Our usual Sunday morning configuration and service format, with the added bonus of a small bell choir playing two songs as well.
December 31st New Year’s Eve at 7:00pm (Immanuel) Indoor and outdoor worship with communion.
January 1st New Year’s Day at 10:30am (St. Paul’s) Indoor worship with communion.
Governor Ever’s Order
Here’s a refresher for what Governor Evers order means for us as we publicly worship God. Governor Ever’s Emergency Order #1 requires everyone aged 5 or older are required to wear a mask when they are indoors in places such as our church, with the following exceptions:
- While children between the ages of 2 and 5 are encouraged to wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible, children under the age of 2 are exempt.
- When eating or drinking. (such as the Lord’s Supper)
- When communicating with an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing and communication cannot be achieved through other means.
- While a single individual is giving a religious presentation for an audience, the single speaker may remove the face covering when actively speaking. While the face covering is removed, the speaker must remain at least 6 feet away from all other individuals at all times. (Pastor has been wearing a mask anyways, unless he’s had difficulty preaching with it on).
- Individuals who have trouble breathing.
- Individuals with medical conditions, intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental health conditions, or other sensory sensitivities that prevent the individual from wearing a face covering.
Please bear in mind there are other worship options you are free to use, such as:
Online Public Worship:
- Morrison Zion Lutheran’s Youtube channel (livestreaming: Sundays 9am Wednesdays 10am) Click here.
- St John Maribel Youtube channel Click here
- Messiah in Bellevue: http://messiahgb.org/
Private communion is still offered,
If you, like some, still desire to receive private communion, I am ready and willing to serve. Call my cell (920.632.8632) and set up a time and day. We can meet in your home, in the church sanctuary (groups under 10), or even at a picnic table.